RUFIJI BASIN BOARD
This is the fifth board. The board meets normally at least twice a year. The Board comprises of the following members:
- Hon. Bakari Mbonde Chairman – Public Sector
- Ester Makwaiya Member – VPO
- Alesi Libenanga Member – Representative of Women
- Eng. Lewanga Tesha Member – TANESCO
- Abeid Mwasajone Member – TCCIA
- Amiri Kivambe Mufindi Tea
- Eng. Marco Bernad Mfugale Member – Domestic Water Users
- Eng. Peter Kweka Zonal Irrigation Engineer
- Lister Kongola Member – Ministry of Water and Irrigation
- Willie J.B.N. Mwaruvanda Secretary – Basin Water Officer
THE RUFIJI BASIN OFFICE
The Rufiji Basin Water Office is situated in Iringa Municipality in Iringa Region. There are five field offices in Iringa, Dodoma, Utete (Rufiji District), Ifakara (Kilombero District) and Rujewa (Mbarali District).
The operations of RBWO are manned by a technical and supporting staff.
At present the office has the following staff:-
- Basin Water Officer
- Environmental Engineer
- Community development officers
- Supplies officer
According to the Water law, the Basin Water Boards are financially and administratively autonomous bodies. The Water Officer is the Secretary to the Rufiji Basin Water Board.